60 Days Free Trial Diets and Weight loss Products

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fasting For Weight Loss

Fasting has been used for thousands of years and until this day. There are different reasons why people fast. Some are for reasons such as spiritual, cleansing or detoxifying, and some use fasting to achieve weight loss.


In this article I will explain to you my experience and others whom I have observed about how fasting for weight loss should be managed. And I will do that in several points.


Performing weight loss through fasting


- Fasting can be followed with different guidelines. When it comes to food you can either refrain from all kinds of liquids or just some liquids and the same thing goes for solid foods.


- When you abstain from liquids for a certain period of time, then you are most likely loosing body fluids more than anything else.


- When fasting is done for detoxification purposes this can lead to a healthier body, and maybe this can lead to weight loss through indirect ways. For example, you can be more energetic and more active in terms of burning more calories.


- When people fast and consume small amounts of particular foods, then technically you are following a low calorie diet. This procedure may be done for spiritual or whatever reason you might have.


- If you think you can follow a good system of fasting for cleansing your system, and at the same time lose some weight temporarily then you should think about that.


Fasting for Weight Loss and the Long Term


What you need to ask yourself is the following:


-How long I am going to fast?


-Can I keep working out to keep my weight loss in check?


-What I am going to do after fasting, and what is the chance of me gaining the weight back if I lost any weight?


As a personal trainer and nutrition researcher, I think fasting can be good for cleansing or detoxification purposes. I also think it will give you something that many people overlook and that is the psychological edge in terms of becoming disciplined and not being tempted to break your fast.


This mental power is an excellent practice when you need it to work out, and follow certain types of eating habits. And I usually remind my clients to focus on the overall picture and the different dimensions that fasting can provide you and not one thing only.


For More Related Topics Blog: Diet And Exercise For Weight Loss

No comments:

Post a Comment